March has been full of great weather, busy streets, yummy food and beautiful architecture. Here's a quick rundown of the past two weeks:
- I left Florianopolis on the 3rd of March and went from a super beachy, laid back suburb, to my natural habitat of city life (praise Him).
- The cost of living is pretty similar to Brazil, maybe a littler bit cheaper.. but still a nice change from LA prices (like my Ubers haven't been over $10 since I got here... praise Him).
- I've always got this ridiculous sunset to look at every night as I wind down on work and enjoy a nice glass of wine (because it's 5 o'clock somewhere, amirite?)
- There's still this thing with boxed and bagged milk (idk), and only sometimes is it refrigerated... ? Again, idk.
- The amount of steakhouses that exist is insane. Argentina is known for their wine and meats, so naturally I have consumed an obscene about of select cuts, cheeses and BREAD and I'm actually going to go for a run after I finish this blog.
- I can't find coconut oil for my hair; this will become an issue soon as I am running low.
- Virtually every girl here wears platform sandals (like Spice Girls style), and I picture them falling on a loop consistently throughout the day. Also, there are a lot of cobblestone roads here so I actually see them fall regularly throughout the day as well.. rarely do I have to imagine it happening.
*note to self: do not give in to the style, you need your ankles, girl.*
Anyways, here are some recent pictures of things I have been doing // indulging in // experiencing // loving:
Working by day and enjoying everything Buenos Aires has to offer by night, that's my motto. There's this awesome place on Sunday's that I went to called Afro Mama Jams and they have this sick band covering old/new school hip-hop and r&b. I jammed out to some Maxwell, Justin Timberlake, The Internet and Michael Jackson. It cost ARS$20 to get in, which is about $1.30 and everyone in that joint was giggin'... I think I've fallen in love with the city.